The Institute for Biomedical Ethics at the University of Basel, Switzerland (IBMB, http://ibmb.unibas.ch/), is dedicated to research and teaching of biomedical ethics at the Medical and Science Faculties. Currently we are looking for a dynamic and independent graduate students or medical doctors who are interested in carrying out their PhD work on the topic of "Smarter Solutions for Health Data in Switzerland". This is paid PhD position funded by the Swiss National Science Foundation.
Position Available: Summer 2017 / Negotiable
Length of PhD Program: 3 years
- Master's degree in law, bioethics, medicine, psychology, sociology and other related fields.
- Excellent Master's and Bachelor's academic grades.
- Enthusiasm, responsibility, and interest in an academic career.
- Ability to implement an already designed research project.
- Willingness to learn research methodology and ability to work independently.
- Successful applicant is expected to have excellent language skills in both German and English.
- Ability to speak French is desirable.
- Student will complete empirical methods courses as part of the PhD program in order to successfully conduct their PhD Project.
- Student will gain knowledge and understanding of bioethics, biomedical ethics, and research ethics.
- He or she will also have the possibility to contribute to the academic life at the IBMB, including contributions to teaching, as well as collaboration in other research projects and academic publications in peer reviewed journals.
- Enrolment in a Swiss Bologna accredited 3 year PhD program in biomedical ethics (in English).
Applications: Please send your documents electronically as a single pdf to Dr. Tenzin Wangmo at email@example.com. This document should include your letter of motivation, CV with publication list and other academic information, academic grades and addresses of up to 3 references. For questions please contact Dr. Tenzin Wangmo at firstname.lastname@example.org